Thursday, June 14, 2007

Window Shopping- prudential style!

So today I met up with my friend Ashley (who is moving to Washington State in a few days *sniff*, but such is the life of a coastie wife, right??)
so we took the subway from the north side, over to the prudential section of Boston- and went to the ritziest mall ever... just for kicks we took the kids into a few shops that we wanted to window shop in- Tiffany's, Gucci, Coach, Louis Vatton, Sac's Fifth Ave, etc. the prices blew me away- can you believe that some people out there in the world will spend over $400 on a TANK TOP? we're talking about a tank top that looked like it should cost $5 tops. I found a dress that was so cute at Gucci- only to find the price dramatically reduced and still waay out of my price range- $1,995. for a SUNDRESS!! we were checking out the shoes, and admiring the extravagant colors and styles, when Carson realized the buzz was all about shoes.
So he sat down on a stool, and posed his sneaker (dirty and untied as it was) right beside a polished leather stiletto (yeah- over a grand for that one too) and said
"oh, its so cute!"
I guess after hearing mommy and Ashley shopping, this was the comment that the kids picked up on as being universally accepted as the thing to say.
We stopped on our walk back from the train to meet daddy and Shawn (Ashley's husband) at the base, and got some ice cream at the world renowned Mikes pastry shop- the best ice cream I've ever tasted actually!
So now we're home, back to reality- and I'm still left to wonder- what exotic breed of people actually spend two thousand dollars on a sun dress, or nine hundred on a pair of ballerina flats? I'm perfectly happy to keep up my bargain shopping and come home with that "treasure" that I've been waiting to go on clearance- after all, a girl doesn't have to spend over five dollars to treat herself- sometimes the best feeling comes from finding the best deal around! -Like the bargain I brought home from the extravagant mall I visited today- a tub of shea butter scented cream - 75% off- I spent $2.50. now that's living the good life! Two happy boys, a husband that got to hear the good news that our bank account hasn't been overdrawn from my wild shopping spree, and I didn't come home empty handed. It was a great day.

2 comments:

Shanilie said...

I'm right there with you. So true. I can't imagine ever spending that much on clothes. Have you ever seen the show what not to wear? I love it, but when they finally get the chance to spend their $5000 it never goes very far because everything is SOO expensive. People forget the things that they should be thankful for...a healthy family, love and a roof over our head. We are livin the good life.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.