Monday, June 4, 2007

a family thing

Today was a different kind of day- it started raining a little bit during breakfast, but the day didn't look too extremely yucky. At 11 am Nate walked in the door- he had the day off from work so that he could get the cars fixed- a nice surprise. (we've been having some car trouble in the past week with both of our vehicles.)
We decided to drop off both vehicles at the same time and then take the kids for a walk from the mechanic's shop and go to the Christian book store down the street, but by the time we arrived the rain showers had turned to a downpour. Nathan dropped us off at home, and drove back to the shop to wait out the repairs. I put the kids to bed and turned on a movie, wondering how Nathan's day was going. an hour later the door opened, and I got a glance of my husband- honestly he looked like he had just jumped in a lake. he walked the 5 miles home from the repair shop in the hardest rain fall of the entire season thus far. We both busted up laughing as soon as he stepped in the door. it was unbelievable.
The rest of the day was full of silly jokes and laughter, everyone was in a good mood and rested and enjoyed having daddy home for most of the day.
This evening, as Logan played on the living room floor, I sat on the couch beside Carson and Nathan watching TV. Carson, sitting between Nathan and I put his little arms around my waist and tried to wedge his hand behind daddy's bigger frame.
"why are you poking me in the side?" Nathan asked him
"I'm just putting my arm around you" Carson answered.
"why?" Nathan asked.
Carson answered quickly, his little face lifted up to explain to daddy-
"I'm just trying to do a family thing."
"you're alright son." Nathan said with a grin on his face. "so are you daddy." Carson said. "so are you."

No comments: