Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Chatty Tuesday

This morning when we got up Carson and Logan immediately spotted a cute little robin outside our patio window. They were studying it for a moment before Carson ran to get my attention as I was making breakfast saying- "mommy- come see! its a very mysterious bird outside, come and see it!" of course, it wasn't too mysterious at all, but it did hop around in and out of the bushes and the kids thought it was great.

This afternoon I fed the kids left over spaghetti from last night (it wasn't very good because I didn't have enough spaghetti sauce for the amount of noodles that I cooked.)
But Carson, being the ever encouraging child that he has been lately took one bite and asked-
"How did you get this scrumptious, scrumptious sauce in here ?" I answered that I had dumped a bottle of ready made sauce into the noodles.
"how many bottles did you use?" Carson wanted to know.
"two." I answered.
"well," Carson said looking at the food in front of him, "maybe next time you can use four."

Logan had been quite loud all throughout lunch time, and finally my elder boy had had enough of it. He looked at his brother with a smile and used a line he'd probably been thinking up all afternoon- "shut your voice mail."
I don't know where kids come up with the things they do, but I'm glad that I'm hearing it first hand- its a blast!

No comments: