Wednesday, June 27, 2007

blazing heat- defined

We had a great trip to Canada, thanks to my parent's hospitality, and my mother in law accompanying me, Cathy's amazing community breakfast, and Erin and Gene's hosting skills. we did a lot of fun things, but the best part was just spending time with family and friends. We arrived back home without the hoopla of the trip down. (one missed turn and a VERY late arrival... resulting in 911 calls by my parents, and a few calls to the Maine State troopers... once again mom, I apologize if I am the cause of any ulcers or cardiac stress ! )

Now that we are back home, we find ourselves in the middle of a terrific heat wave. the weather has been amazing- for those who live on a lake, or have air conditioning in every room of their house, that is. the thermometer was reading 95 degrees , and that was at the beach which was much cooler!! Yesterday I took the kids to the beach with my friend Sheila and her three adorable kids. I have some cute pictures that are being stubborn and not transferring to my computer, once I have that hitch figured out I'll be displaying them proudly online.

Today, another scorcher, trapped us inside our house for the afternoon, but finally when we spotted a breeze picking up outside we decided to try for a water fight with our family of squirt guns that we had picked up for precisely this occasion.
I, however, had not considered the possibility that my boys would ALL gang up on me and drench me from the very top strand of hair on my head down to the bruised foot I got from attempting to wrestle away a gun from my much stronger hubby... :) good times. The kids ended up jumping in their little kiddie pool- Logan ended up exploding his huggies diaper from jumping repeatedly on his bottom in the pool for a reaction from mom and dad. he really will do anything for a laugh that one!!
anyways, we just found out that this is subway's customer appreciation day, so we are headed out to subway for a free six inch sub with purchase of a drink. :)

No comments: