Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"when I grow up" by Carson

Another morning at the breakfast table discussing the intricacies of life with my talkative son, this time I was listening to every word. Over the weekend Carson had a great opportunity to spend time with his Grandma and Grandpa, and take a trip to New Jersey to see Aunt Rachael and Uncle Jeff, and together they all took a trip to NYC. (weird when your three year old son has seen more of the world than you have... !) So by the time I got to New Bedford to pick him up, Carson had had so much fun that he wanted to stay overnight just once more. So he ended up staying until Monday night. Now, four days away from your little one can seem like a lot, so I kind of expected him to feel the same way, but once again he cried to stay at Grandmas again. this time no one gave in, and he cried for about half an hour until we were alone in the car. Then he sang about 5 words to the song that was playing "Holy is the Lord God Almighty" okay, 6 words to be exact... and promptly fell asleep, and stayed asleep when I put him to bed after arriving home.
So by the time this morning came, I was excited to spend time with my oldest boy, and that's when we got on the topic of Cars. He found some stickers in a drawer that the doctor had given us the other day, and he proceeded to stick them on top of each other to save room on the paper on which they were sticking. They were pictures of race cars, and one of them was overlapping onto tigger's leg. "uhhoh," Carson said, "that sticker is on tigger's foot."
"Uhhoh." I repied, "I bet that hurts!"
"yeah, only its just a little car, and its just a sticker so I guess its okay." Carson said. My goodness, I think, have I already forgotten that his reasoning skills are more advanced than this? has it really only been four days? Then Carson says:
"little cars you can throw, but big cars crash and catch on fire. and if a big car gets on your foot it would hurt."
"yes" I said, noticing that Carson is reassuring me that my point was valid, "yes it would hurt. and it might even break your foot, so that's why we don't get too close."
"well," Carson thought for a second, "That's why I'm going to eat all of my food and GROW UP to be a big STRONG man, and then I can throw big cars and break THEM!"

1 comment:

Shanilie said...

Aww, too cute. I am enjoying your posts. You sure did a good job going back in time and getting the dates right with them. I just gave up doing my old posts. I had a blog when Jacob was really little but messed it up and lost everythign. I am hoping that never happens again. I have so much stuff recorded for him.

Love the pictures of the boys. They are growing up soo much. As for the recipe page I was just playing around with it because it is currently the one page that I didn't do anything to it. You can use the page for whatever, I can even change the name. You can type recipes, or you don't even have to have a third page. I have a scrapbooking page but I never go there. Even my Jacob page I rarely update. I hardly have enough time on my hands with just my page~ lol Anyway, if you would like what I did for your recipe page and do that on your's and Nathan's page I can do that too. I also added hit counters to your page, that way it can tell you how many people have visited your blog. Every time someone visits it will get higher. Glad you like it.