Saturday, April 28, 2007

POOR ME!

yeah... not surprisingly I caught what Logan had a few days ago, and I'm telling you it WASN'T fun!! I was up most of Thursday night sick with the flu, and of course, as is now normal for me, passing out at the worst times! So yesterday I went to the doctors to see what is going on and if there is something that I can do to prevent myself from fainting whenever I get sick. Apparently it is a nerve called the vegalvegal nerve that prompts people to pass out, and with my low blood pressure (its a healthy blood pressure, just on the low side) whenever I get sick I end up fainting on the floor. So after an EKG, and a hemoglobin count check, we found out that I'm fine... and the only thing that I was told that MAY help is for me to start drinking coffee and eating more salt... yeah I know- whaaatt? its been shown to work in some cases. So next thursday I am scheduled to go in and get some more tests done to make sure my heart is fine, I'm having a 24 hour harness on to monitor my heart activity, as well as having an eco-cardiogram performed... I'm sure everything is fine, but I'm still annoyed that there is nothing that can be done to prevent me from fainting on the floor every time I come down with the flu! Although, I do need to be thankful that there isn't something seriously wrong with me, I guess its all in our perspective of the situation isn't it?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Man! That's scary! I hope all the tests turn out okay!

Rebekah said...

Thanks!!! I'm a little nervous, but everything will be fine I'm sure!