Sunday, December 23, 2007

my brain...

We made cookies together the other day, shortbreads and gingberbreads. Carson helped quite a lot, so he got to eat quite a few! after he got tired of helping and I had to go on to some pies the boys watched some TV, and I baked. for over two hours. When Carson came back into the kitchen I asked him how his day was going. he said it was going well. I said sorry for not spending very much time with him today.
He said: "that's okay mommy. sometimes I just don't want to spend lots of time with my family anyways."
I asked him what he likes to do when he doesn't want to be spending time with us.
"oh, anything really." he said. "lots of things like skateboarding, rollerskating, those kinds of things. when I do those things I don't really like to spend time with my family."

We were talking later, near dinner time, and Carson had been asking for more cookies. (which he was denied...) He got a funny look on his face and said:
"I don't know why, but my brain keeps making me miss my Nana. It does it all the time. My brain keeps making it happen." I told him that it wasn't really his brain, it was more his heart. "why does my heart make me miss my Nana?" he asked. I told him that it was because he loves his Nana. "I do love her a lot." he said.
"mommy," he continued, "my brain is making me want to eat junk food too. I want to eat things that are good for my body, but my brain really likes junk food and makes me want to eat it all the time. I always want to eat cookies and chocolate and everything. I don't know why my brain does that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious!! hope you're having fun. btw - those cookies were AMAZING!!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.