Friday, November 30, 2007

what a day!

today was a nice stay at home day, nothing to be done really, just made some pies and have plans to go out with a friend for coffee tonight. The boys have been fairly well behaved today- with the exception of Logan's strong willed and destructive behavior... but that is just normal now. Logan clogged one toilet with paper today, and almost clogged a second, tore a leaf off my palm tree (which is my pride and joy...) broke multiple crayons into pieces, dumped out a basket of folded laundry, and stuck his hand into my freshly cooled blueberry pie.
but that's not what I'm writing about tonight. those things happen with most active two year olds (right?? tell me I'm not the only one...?)
Tonight at dinner I was sitting with Logan as he finished his vegetables while Carson and daddy were already in the midst of their nightly wrestling match. Logan was eating quickly so he could go join in, when -as usual- he got distracted with the fun he creates with that amazing little brain of his.
he held up a snap pea and said "FWEEZE! PUT CHA HANDS UP! FWEEZE!!"
I said "what are you gonna do?"
He looked at his pea pod and squeezed once, drew his eyebrows together and thought for a second. "Maybe its broken." he said quietly.

Carson also had a great day, today he learned how to spell CAT, HAT, BAT, and FAT.
I couldn't think of any other easily spelled "AT" words. he sounded each out, and even wrote FAT out on his own. I was so proud of him!
we also had a great discussion about policemen and when they put people in jail.
He wanted to know if people get arrested for stopping at green lights, or for driving when its a red light. I told him that they wouldn't get arrested for that, they'd probably just be told to pay attention, or be given a ticket.
Carson then wanted to know what kinds of things people get put in jail for.
We talked about people getting into trouble for stealing things, and people going to jail for killing other people, or for beating other people up, which is assault. Carson said quickly "well I guess the police aren't paying attention when I beat my brother up then, 'cause I've never gone to jail and I beat him up all the time."
I hugged my honest little brute and told him the virtues of wrestling for fun and warned him not to hurt his brother on purpose ever. he's still not sure if he should go to jail or not... but as I write this he's horsing around with daddy, and isn't too concerned about the police at all.

No comments: