Thursday, November 1, 2007

bible school


tonight at dinner we had an in-depth story time with Carson. He thought Nate had been at Bible school this afternoon, when he was really taking a test at work. Carson then proceeded to tell a long tale of how he himself went to a bible school named Nastestavonies that was just for kids, drove himself, and had a great day playing football. Nathan had a long conversation questioning him about the intricacies of how the day went.
Nate said "you drove yourself there in the Jimmy?"
Carson: "yeah."
Nate: "well, you can't drive a car yet, so how did you get there?"
Carson: "well, I guess I was just joking. I walked."
Nate "well, you aren't allowed to cross the street by yourself, so how did you get there?"
Carson: "well, it was just on the same side of the street, I didn't have to cross it."
Nate: " where was it? "
Carson: " in East Bridgewater, on East Brockton Road."
Nate : "well, East Bridgewater is on the other side of the road, so how did you get there?"
Carson "well, a guy just drove me to the other side of the road."

Nate: "you know you aren't allowed to go with strangers don't you?"

Carson: "yeah, I don't remember how I got to the other side I guess."

Nate "so, how many kids were in your class?"
Carson: "eight, but there were nine downstairs."

Nate: " so you must have met some of the kids in your class, what were their names?"
Carson: "I only made one friend. just one."
Nate "what is your friends name?
Carson "Scott."
Nate "oh yeah? what is Scott like?"
Carson "he's brown."
Nate "what color hair does he have?"
Carson " black. " (looking up directly at Nathan's black hair as he speaks,)
Nate "what color eyes does he have?"
Carson " blue"

I asked "what color shirt was he wearing?"
Carson "green" as he looks at my green shirt, without missing a beat.
Nathan "what is Scott's last name?"
Carson "Bott.:
Nathan " Scott Bott?"
Carson " yeah. Scott Bott."

The conversation went on to reveal that the school had a lady teacher that he didn't know the name of, was white in color with nine legs that didn't have shoes, but sandals on their feet.
The legs purpose were to keep the school up when there were too many kids inside.
after telling Nathan that he could go and check for himself to see that this bible school really does exist on East Brockton street in East Bridgewater, and not backing down from his story for a good 10 minutes... Carson finally smiled and said "I'm just joking, there really isn't a bible school. I tricked you!"
by this time my cheek muscles were sore from the suppressed smiles and smothered laughter, and I was glad to have his charade over... as funny as it was. I'll never be surprised after this at how quick a child's mind can be, and how vivid their imagination. but then again, tomorrow is always a new day with new surprises!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hilarious! he is too funny and unbelievably smart...its great he has such a vivid imagination! can't wait to visit! -xoxo Rach