Thursday, July 19, 2007

my relaxing day off ??

it was a stressful day. I woke up to the sink being clogged- so clogged that nothing at all was going through. Carson denied putting anything in it.
Logan drew all over the floor with a crayon, and on the wall too. last time the artistic side of the kids came out all over the hardwood floor I figured out that if you wiped it up with coloring book pages it cleaned well... unfortunately this time it was on the linoleum in the computer room that doesn't clean nearly as well.. there is still a large blue spot.
Carson decided to play with the turtle while I was trying to clean that, and when I finally made it back into the kitchen a few minutes later, I found a mess of mud and grass all over my counter, table and kitchen floor. upon closer inspection I found my darling turtle (that I have become quite attached to) helplessly kicking his feet and craning his neck, rocking back and forth on his back... poor little guy was terrified. I let him loose in the backyard after that, I felt so bad that he had been terrorized by my kids. I felt a twinge when he looked back at me with his tiny little eyes, but I knew it was for the best. maybe he'll come back to me.
when I was in the bathroom later on, I questioned Carson about the sink again, and he finally told the truth, he had put toilet tissue down the drain before I woke up.
Seeing that I couldn't take much more, I sent the kids to bed. (over an hour early for their nap, without lunch and all, but I couldn't take another minute!!)
I got out a pair of pliers, figured out how to make them big enough to be flush with the screw on the bottom of the sink where I saw the plumber open it up, and after a bit of effort if finally gave.
unfortunately there was hardly anything coming through still, and nothing at the bottom. so I found a curtain rod, took it apart and shoved it down the drain... and somehow dislodged the mass of tissue and gunk, flushed it to the bottom, and scooped it out with Q tips.
I then cleaned up the dirt and the grass from the kitchen floor, dumped the gross stuff from the sink outside, and made a PB&J sandwedge for the kids, got them up long enough to eat, and then put them to bed. when we all woke up things looked a lot better. we cleaned the car out, it looks great now; we made supper and everyone but Logan liked it, and then watched a game show that we copied in Carson's room on his request- "we're playing twenty-five," he said, "two strikes and you're outta my room."
questions like "A-rod." and "Block" followed, until we coached him a bit. he caught on fast, and asked some good ones in the end. I never did get booted from his room though!

1 comment:

Shanilie said...

Ah yes, children love to make messes :) magic erasers will take care of that mess