Thursday, September 20, 2007

its fall already?


well, the summer has flown by with so many things going on it seemed impossible to sit and write it all down... and now its nippy outside and beach days are gone! We had a few great trips this summer, camping with my family in Maine, to a wedding in New Jersey, and a few trips to local beaches... we also had a trip to the hospital overnight with Logan, who had an asthmatic attack, brought on by a virus, he was so cute in his little johnny shirt and saying "thank you" to everything the doctors and nurses did for him. He even said thank you after getting a painful IV in his arm, tears welling in his eyes and all. He had a few nurses crying right along with him!
We've been doing a lot of reading lately, and Carson has picked up on the fact that too much TV is no good, and junk food is terrible for you. I tried to give him and his brother Veggie chips the other day (they are organic and made with vegetables, not too junky) and he refused. he accepted a glass of water, and then finally told me he was really hungry and could he have something else? I told him that he already had a snack in front of him, and he could eat that. his face fell as he said "but that's junk food... and I don't eat junk food!" I explained that these were healthy, so he ate the rest of the bag.
Nathan and I are heading to Maine this weekend for a wilderness camping experience... we'll only have electricity for 3 hours every evening apparently. I'm bringing every sweater and pair of socks I own... maybe even a snowsuit for night time, we'll see. its getting so cold- and I don't want to be done with summer yet!
The kids are excited to be spending the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa, Carson started packing the minute I told him about it.
it seems that there is much much more to write about, but that will have to come another time.

No comments: