Monday, May 7, 2007

so generous!

I gave Carson and Logan both drinks of apple juice (which is a favorite in my house) and they each had straws in their glasses. I was holding Logan's so he wouldn't spill (yes, all the sippy cups were dirty again, my kids eat and drink A LOT) and Carson was holding his own. Suddenly Carson looked at Logan and did something strange.
"here you go little buddy." he said as he gave his own straw to Logan. Logan looked warily at Carson, and then started drinking from the offered straw. Wanting to reinforce this nice (albeit odd behavior) I said "that's nice of you Carson" and gave him Logan's straw. Carson took a tiny sip, and returned to his own cup. 10 seconds later the same thing happened again. Logan drinks some of Carson's juice, and Carson sips Logan's. the third time this happened I was kind of baffled, but thrilled that my three year old was sharing so well- that is until Carson slurped up the last drop of his juice, jumped in the air with fists raised victoriously and shouted "YESS! I WIN! I beat you Logan!!" Logan didn't seem to care, as he finished up his own drink as well and smiled.
maybe that idea of racing at the dinner table to have everyone finish at the same time wasn't as brilliant as I had first imagined... but there aren't too many 2 hour dinners for Carson any more either... we'll just have to weigh the good and the bad before implementing any more of my plans. Leave it up to my little ones to take competitive EATING to a whole new level!

1 comment:

Shanilie said...

Aww, too sweet. Great that they have each other to play/compete with ;)